Thursday, May 5, 2011

blessings of today:

1. Cinco de Mayo! I may have a very basic understanding of the actual significance of this date, but I'll take advantage of any excuse to eat Mexican food w/ my coworker.

2. Hearing about my coworker's upcoming year. He'll be graduating, getting a real job, moving, and saving up money to go to PT school next summer. I'm so excited for him and I'm so blessed that we were co-mentees freshman year; his friendship has been one of the best I've had here at Marquette.

3. Getting a chance to reflect on my 4 years in InterVarsity Christian Fellowship here at Marquette and a chance to thank those who've influenced me more than even I know. InterVarsity was absolutely the most influential experience in my relationship with God, and I can never express my gratitude fully.

4. Laughter. Thanks to my professor's mullet (though he'll deny its existence to the end), my staffworker's stories about his inability to stop talking, and Cougar Town (a seriously underrated show, check it out).

5. Having 5 of my friends be in the weight room during my shift today! It made my day. I'm so glad that my friends take care of themselves and most importantly take breaks between runs/sets to come chat with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment